You are here
News & Events
Campus Sustainability Award!
Congratulations to Sustainabiltiy RAPs founding directors, JoAnn Silverstein and Susan Clark! They were honored at the Campus Sustainabilty Awards Ceremony 2015 for Partnerships for Sustainability. You can read more about the Campus Sustainability Awards here.
RAP Spring 2015 Design Expo
Congratulations to our winning teams!
Showers for the Future
Check out our great video here.
RAP Events Fall 2014
- Wed. Aug. 27, 5-7 pm, Welcome BBQ WVN Commons and Portico
- Thursday, Sept. 4, all RAP Mandatory Meeting, Williams Village North main lobby 5:30 pm
- Friday Sept. 12 leaving at ~4 pm to Sat. Sept. 13 FALL RAP RETREAT to Cal-Wood, Jamestown, CO
- Friday Sept. 19, 4:30 pm, Family Weekend Reception, WVN 181A and 181B
- Saturday, Oct. 18, Engineering Sampler Day
- Saturday, Dec. 6 8am-12pm, SSIR Student Expo
- Dec. 13-18 Final Exams
- Saturday, Dec. 19, Winter Commencement
News in Sustainability
- Spring 2015 RAP Scholarship application is now open! Potential winning amounts include: $350 for engineering students who received the College of Engineering & Applied Science RAP scholarship, or $425 or $850 credited to winning students’ accounts in January 2015.
- Continuing in WVN Spring 2015: Tutoring from the College of Engineering & Applied Science Student Success Center (BOLD), Sun., Mon., Tues. 7-10 pm, for drop-in help with calculus, chemistry, physics, etc.
Summer Internships for research on Environmental Sustainability available at CU, 2013-2015.
Innovative solar-powered solution to sanitation in the developing world invented by team of CU environmental engineers; read more
Colorado ranked 8th among 50 states for LEED building in 2013, with 1.77 per-capita square footage of LEED certificated space representing 124 projects with a total of 8,894,187 square feet of LEED certified space. read more
Sustainable, social infrastructure plan for flood control in New York City read more
Smog-eating building surfaces clean the air using titanium dioxide coatings on concrete and metal. read more
Net-positive buildings give back resources to environment; read more
International Conference on Sustainable Infrastructure 2014, civil engineers creating infrastructure for a sustainable world
Green-built structures sturdier and more capable of withstanding natural disasters; read more
Is a Sustainability Career on Your Green Horizon? Link to 2012 article on green jobs from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Environmental Engineering ranked 20 in "best jobs in America" in 2012 by CNNMoney.
University of Colorado Boulder Environmental Center, the nation's largest and most accomplished student-led center, helping CU to become a global leader in sustainability.
Sustainability on Campus, links that highlight what CU-Boulder is doing to enhance our own sustainability. CU-Boulder was the first university to rank "gold" through AASHE's Sustainability Tracking Assessment and Rating System (STARS), and we continue to work to lower our environmental footprint.
CU in DC - CU in D.C. involves sending CU undergraduate students to Washington D.C. for a semester to do an internship and to take CU courses. Students from a wide range of majors have the opportunity to intern at government agencies/departments, nonprofit organizations, arts & cultural institutions, and businesses in the nation’s capital
Example RAP Events from Spring 2014
March 13: “Chill Vill Café” spa night 4:30 – 6:30 pm, in our WVN classrooms 166A, 166B, 181A, and 181B. Activities will include Laughter Yoga, Chair Massage, Tea Café, Aromatherapy, Dance, and Meditation.
April 17: Final celebratory dinner catered by The Kitchen, 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
April 26: 8:30 am to Noon: Design Expo for students in GEEN 1410
Peer Mentors organized:
- Fiske Planetarium (early March)
- Dushanbe Tea House (usually a Tuesday around 4:00)
- Celestial Seasonings tour