You are here
News & Events
News in Sustainability
Summer Internships for research on Environmental Sustainability available at CU, 2013-2015.
Colorado ranked 8th among 50 states for LEED building in 2013, with 1.77 per-capita square footage of LEED certificated space representing 124 projects with a total of 8,894,187 square feet of LEED certified space. Read more
Net-positive buildings give back resources to environment; read more
International Conference on Sustainable Infrastructure 2014, civil engineers creating infrastructure for a sustainable world
Green-built structures sturdier and more capable of withstanding natural disasters; Read more
Is a Sustainability Career on Your Green Horizon? Link to 2012 article on green jobs from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Environmental Engineering ranked 20 in "best jobs in America" in 2012 by CNNMoney.
University of Colorado Boulder Environmental Center, the nation's largest and most accomplished student-led center, helping CU to become a global leader in sustainability.
Sustainability on Campus, links that highlight what CU-Boulder is doing to enhance our own sustainability. CU-Boulder was the first university to rank "gold" through AASHE's Sustainability Tracking Assessment and Rating System (STARS), and we continue to work to lower our environmental footprint.
CU in DC - CU in D.C. involves sending CU undergraduate students to Washington D.C. for a semester to do an internship and to take CU courses. Students from a wide range of majors have the opportunity to intern at government agencies/departments, nonprofit organizations, arts & cultural institutions, and businesses in the nation’s capital
RAP Events Planned for Spring 2014
- March 13: “Chill Vill Café” spa night 5 – 7 pm or so, in our WVN classrooms which will include Laughter Yoga, Chair Massage, Tea Café, and Meditation. Details in the works
- April 17 or 18: Final celebratory dinner catered by The Kitchen, 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- April 26: 8:30 am to Noon: Design Expo for students in GEEN 1410
- August 27 or 28: RAP Welcome BBQ out behind WVN. Zero Waste, catered by Housing / Dining.
September 12 – 13 Overnight trip to Cal-Wood.
Peer Mentors are organizing:
- Fiske Planetarium (early March)
- Dushanbe Tea House (usually a Tuesday around 4:00)
- Celestial Seasonings tour